The band pull-apart exercise improves shoulder function, posture and strengthen the upper back musculature (posterior delts). By adding the Band Pull-Apart to your regular stretching routine, you’ll notice improved strength and mobility in just a few days and significant improvement in your overall shoulder health after a few weeks.
- Begin with your arms extended straight out in front of you, holding the band with both hands.
- Start the movement by moving your hands out laterally to your sides. Keep your elbows straight as you perform the entire movement.
- Bring the band to your chest. Then pinch your shoulder blades down and back at the very end of the exercise.
- Pause momentarily and return to the starting position under control.
- Depending on the resistance of the band, perform 2-3 sets of 10-20 repetitions.