PUSH UP PLUS+
- Push your hands into the floor as hard as you can to make your shoulder blades protract, moving as far forward and apart as possible.
- Next the chest and body are lowered and the shoulder blades are retracted and depressed, moving as close together and down as possible.
- Return to starting position and repeat.
- Perform 2 sets of maximum reps, while maintaining proper form. (trains serratus anterior)
PRONE ARM EXTENSION w/ PHYSIOBALL
The first picture shows the initial arm positioning for the prone arm extension on the Swiss ball. It is a very short range of motion with this exercise, being careful not to extend your back, but rather hold your back stable. The first position, the arms are angled up at a 45-degree angle.
The second position, the arms go straight out to the side. Perform 2-3 sets of 10-20 reps.
- It is alright to perform this exercise while on the knees if you do not have the balance and coordination at first. (trains lower trap and rhomboids)
Download Scapular Stability